One Manchester is an innovative provider of housing and community services. Formed in April 2015 from a historic merger between two of Manchester’s largest housing associations – City South and Eastlands Homes. In the subsequent two years the Group has achieved its initial merger aspirations and is now extending and expanding (doubling) its new homes programme across a range of tenures and locations. It currently owns and manages more than 12,000 homes in central, south and east Manchester.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Opportunities team covering maternity leave, where you will lead on the work placement and volunteer and programme with the aim of supporting local unemployed people into work and adding value to local services.
In addition, you will develop and grow work placement and volunteering opportunities across new businesses, existing business partners and One Manchester and evaluate the success and impact of One Future interventions.
Applicants must have:
• A proven track record of working with work placements and volunteer programmes
• Technical knowledge of the policies and procedures set up to recruit, select and manage volunteers and placements including knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures and an ability to consider the risk assessment associated to each role
• An ability to engage and network with local employers develop working relationships and maintain knowledge of the local labour market
• High calibre communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
• The ability to prioritise ,work in accordance within deadlines and conflicting demands
• Effective managerial and organisational skills
This post is Maternity Cover for approximately 9 months.
Interviews/assessments are expected to take place on 21 February 2018 and you need to be available on this date.
For further information and to apply, visit: www.onemanchester.co.uk/work-placement-volunteer-manager