The purpose of the role is to work with a range of local voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector groups to assess their need for capacity building support and deliver a range of support interventions to build the capacity and sustainability in contributing to improved outcomes for people in Manchester.
• To build the capacity and capabilities within local VCSE groups in improving the outcomes of local people
• To ensure the capacity building service and related activities are valued and trusted by Macc’s members and partners
• To ensure delivery and impact are monitored and reports prepared for trustees, members and funders
• To ensure that Macc remains policy-driven and supports a strong campaigning voice for the local VCSE sector
• To ensure Macc has a visible profile in the city of Manchester and communicates effectively with its members, users and other external stakeholders
The following skills knowledge and experience are relevant to this post. Your application must address each of the points. You can use examples from paid or unpaid work or personal experience.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to think creatively
• The initiative to plan and organise your own workload, effectively managing yourself and taking responsibility for enhancing own performance
• The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• The ability to engage with people from a wide range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and to be flexible in delivery of support methods and approaches
• Excellent communication skills, in particular speaking and listening skills
• The ability to prepare and present accurate written and verbal reports
• A demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities for everyone
• Knowledge and understanding of the factors affecting business sustainability and improvement and developing business plans
• Knowledge, understanding and experience of capacity building techniques.
• Some knowledge of sustainability in relation to voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector groups
• Experience of developing and delivering formal and informal training
• Experience of constituting groups and developing committees and legal structures
• Experience of writing successful funding applications
• Excellent IT skills in using the following: Outlook email, Internet, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Period of Contract: This post is fixed-term to 31 March 2018 (In the first instance. Contract may be extended, subject to funding).
Macc is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all parts of the community in Manchester.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27 April 2017 / Friday 28 April 2017.
An application pack can be found attached. Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CVs will not be accepted
If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 26 April 2017, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful in reaching interview stage.